Socialive is an enterprise video creation & live streaming software company based in El Segundo, California. Our powerful yet intuitive platform makes it refreshingly easy to capture, create, and distribute video. We empower teams across the organization, including marketing, internal comms, and learning & development – and we're helping drive the video commerce revolution. Socialive customers include startups to the Fortune 100 – such as J.P. Morgan, Walmart, Pfizer, Adobe, and Audible. We're on a mission to radically simplify how the world makes video. Join us.
Socialive is growing extremely fast and is looking for a Corporate Controller who will be responsible for the accounting operations of the organization. As we build out our Finance organization, we are looking for someone who is passionate about creating efficiencies throughout the organization and implementing repeatable processes that give us the freedom to focus on growth. This position will operate cross-functionally and will touch all parts of the organization. If you crave efficiency, think in numbers, and make excel spreadsheets for fun, we would love to chat with you.
- Oversee and participate in all accounting functions of the company, including transaction-level record keeping, AR, AP, SaaS revenue recognition, * monthly financial reporting and closing process, general ledger accounts, etc.
- Preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Create, review, update and enhance Company's accounting policies and procedures as well as monitoring their consistent application
- Administration of the company system of internal controls and financial systems
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local corporate income, payroll and other applicable taxes and licenses
- Work with the Finance team to ensure coordination of timely publishing of metrics, forecasts, budgets, and financial statements (internal and external)
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Maintain strong working relationships with all key managers and vendors relating to the areas of software support and payroll
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Design and implement additional and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures with ongoing improvement initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to local regulatory policies & standards
- CPA with BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university; MBA a plus
- 3-5+ years of experience with managing accounting and financial operations within the software/SaaS industry environment
- Expert knowledge of General Ledger, consolidations, month end close process, GAAP Standards, accrual accounting, and revenue recognition standards
- Willing to jump cross-functionally across the finance and accounting departments and pivot from details to bigger picture to accomplish company priorities
- High-Level Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks Online
- Ability to manage deployment of new software/accounting systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
Nice to have
Familiarity with SaaSOptics, Bill.com, Expensify, Coupa, and Ariba