Business Development Manage
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for prospecting, identifying, qualifying, pursuing and closing new business with new clients and convert them into long term clients.
Excellent executive selling skills, executive relationships, business acumen, proposal development, presentation and negotiating skills are required to succeed in this role.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Utilize your existing prospecting, qualifying, and executive relationships building skills to engage with new clients, qualify the prospect, identify new business opportunities to solve business problems and close new business with new clients.
- Utilize your existing executive relationships building skills to engage with execs in existing key accounts, manage account and exec relationship, grow existing business, qualify and discover new opportunities to solve business problems and to position deeper credibility meetings between our executives and key customer executives.
- Align the Vaporware offering to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Build and maintain a consistently strong pipeline and accurate forecasting
- Identify new and emerging markets and proactively prospect for new opportunities
- Replace incumbent suppliers
- Provide a consultative, solutions-oriented sales approach to clients
Qualifications and requirements
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques is required
- Potential of 10%+ travel required – Post Covid
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience as a direct contributor carrying an individual quota in B2B software product development sales
- Experience independently closing individual B2B deals with revenue over $1M+
- Experience in successfully selling for companies that does not enjoy wide brand recognition
- Proven record of maintaining exec level relationships.
- Ability to quickly learn technical terms and concepts.
- Ability and B2B experience selling to Senior Executive levels within the organization
- Experience refining, managing, and directing the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Candidate will be strategic in finding new business using technical knowledge and skillset
- Proven track record of prospecting in a large addressable market using cold calls/emails/social media.
- Excellent management presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: writing, editing, and presenting
- At least an intermediate level in using Google Workspace
- Extensive experience with a CRM
- No preference in location
- Bonus: Existing relationships with industry related C-Level executives that can be immediately accessed for early success