Business Intelligence Engineer
Cloverleaf is on mission to unleash people to do their best work through building thriving teams. Each of our team members are hugely influential in our ability to do this, as well as in the culture and growth of our company. As our first Business Intelligence Engineer, you will drive BI throughout the company as the start of our data team. You will work cross-functionally to build tools and capabilities to enable data-driven decision making, and craft analysis to influence company strategy. Reporting to the CTO, you will have wide-ranging responsibilities across business intelligence, analytics, and data engineering, and be pivotal in laying the foundation for the future of our data team.
What you are like
You are highly analytical, independent, curious, self-driven, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to identify signal from noise.
You are very comfortable diving deep into complex data and approach data analytics with an engineering mindset.
You are a critical thinker, asking the right questions and helping other to do the same.
You take initiative to understand the needs of various teams and surface the best data to support the business and drive growth, spearheading new data initiatives where we're lacking data.
Own BI in Looker
- Build out LookML models and explores
- Create dashboards and workflows to surface key data to each team
- Build embedded analytics experiences for customers
Enable teams to make data-driven decisions
- Work across teams to identify opportunities to leverage data to solve their problems
- Execute on specific data/reporting requests
- Create & train others on self-serve analysis tools
- Foster a data-driven culture
- Unlock value in our existing data
Uncover patterns of user data
- Collaborate with our research partners on R&D projects
- Moderate data engineering to produce usable data assets
- Strong creative, analytical thinking
- Highly skilled with SQL
- Understanding of relational data modeling and warehouse design
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed & self-motivated; able to work effectively without clear requirements
- 3+ years professional experience in BI or BA, engineering, or a related data-centric discipline
- Data engineering experience with dbt or Airflow
- Experience analyzing SaaS product usage data at scale
- Experience analyzing event-based product analytics
- Our data stack includes: MySQL, Stitch, dbt, Redshift, Looker, Amplitude, Segment
Think about the best team you've ever been on. How could you ever recreate that? That's what we do with our technology. Cloverleaf unlocks the mystery behind high performing teams. We combine assessment data to draw out insights and deliver ongoing coaching through the tools your team uses every day. With no extra effort, this coaching conditions your team to grow stronger and improve performance over time. Because when your people know where they belong, your team thrives. And so does your bottom line.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development resources
- Healthcare HRA
- Technology Reimbursement
- Remote-friendly (within the US)