We're Not A Software Factory; In fact We're the Anti-Factory
Our business model is aligned with you: as you get paid more, we get paid more.
Software factories have reverse incentives and developers suffer the consequences -- work extra for less. We work in a better way.
We work only as core members of product teams in the US and you get more growth opportunities.
Our team mates lead teams at US partners, apply for management with partners, help pitch investors with partners and lead at Austin Software itself.
You're a great developer but it doesn't work out with a partner?
You remain as an Austin Software employee and you'll join a new partner you like.
How we work
Trust; we don't track your hours. Flexible work from home, new Macbook Pros, work on products long term, work directly with teams in the US.
If you're tired of the traditional software model, and if you consider yourself the best among your peer, apply to join us!
The ideal candidate must be able to quickly analyze current code, project requirements and implement new features independently or with guidance from others on the team.
A favored candidate will have demonstrable understanding of one or more of the following:
- Object-oriented programming using MFC and C++
- SQL, SQL Server and ADO experience preferred
- User interface design, including form-style designs (dialog boxes) and graphical designs
- .NET experience, though not required, is definitely a plus
- Technical communication skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects for existing systems
- Interpret written requirements, design, and technical specification documents
- Investigate, analyze, and document reported defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation
C++, MFC, .NET, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, TeamCity, JIRA