Money Mart Financial Services
Corporate Staff Accountant
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
Reporting to the Lead Senior, this person will be a critical member of the corporate accounting team to contribute towards the month-end close, balance sheet account reconciliations, maintain sound internal controls and adherence to GAAP.
- Perform month-end close duties including preparation of journal entries, variance analyses and account variance resolution
- Perform variance analysis and research
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled timely
- Accounting for cash, prepaid expenses, PP&E and internally developed software, debt, and other areas as assigned
- Field inquiries from business partners and select external parties
- Identify inefficiencies and recommend process improvements regarding the accounting and financial reporting function
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSING
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-3 years general accounting experience
- General understanding of GAAP and internal controls required
- Big 4 or regional accounting firm experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel *Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with change and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion general ledger system and Hyperion Financial Management consolidation software
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.
*Notice to Ontario Applicants - National Money Mart is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. If you are selected for an interview please notify National Money Mart if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation National Money Mart will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.