Customer Experience Manager
We are looking for a brilliant leader who excels in daily coaching and hands-on problem solving to lead our team of Summer Energy Ambassadors on our growing Customer Experience team.
In the role of Customer Experience Manager, you work closely with the Director of Customer Experience to build and inspire a high-performance team that delivers world class experiences for our customers. This is a new role to support the rapid growth of our customer base as we transition to a device centric product. It’s critical in delivering one of our core values to ‘Lead With Purpose,’ and in supporting our mission to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy.
Who we are
OhmConnect is an Oakland-based software company that currently provides demand response (DR) services to over half a million California households. Using a fun and free app, OhmConnect notifies customers of grid events and pays them for their energy reductions. Participation in events can be automated by connecting smart devices (e.g. WiFi thermostats and plugs) to the OhmConnect platform.
We are a technology-centric company in which everyone, from analyst to CEO, is a hands-on collaborator and problem solver. Although most of our team currently lives in California, OhmConnect is a “work from anywhere” company. This role is likely to be filled by someone living in Sacramento or the Central Valley.
What you will do
- You lead a team of 5-7 Summer Energy Ambassadors, embracing the opportunity to onboard and scale a high-performance team during the height of our season.
- You guide your team to the highest level of success. You are responsible for their performance, reporting, growth, and working closely with our Director of Customer Experience and CX leaders to achieve our goals.
- You manage your team’s daily workload, leveraging shared workflows and best practices to provide delightful experiences to our customers.
- You provide daily coaching, host weekly 1:1s, lead quarterly performance reviews, and share feedback on a regular basis so that we can learn and grow together.
- You support recruitment efforts, and lead the onboarding and ongoing education for our Summer Energy Ambassadors. This includes creating and improving documentation, hands-on exercises, and new ideas that enhance the performance and abilities of each teammate.
- You lead, evaluate, and improve our Service Recovery Program. This is a critical part of how we ‘WOW’ our customers and a cornerstone of our Customer Sentiment Strategy.
- You collaborate across teams to find the best ideas to improve how we support our customers, and work with our CX & Product Ops * * Manager to implement them to increase our team’s performance.
- You pitch in and lead by example, which includes regularary hosting conversations with customers to model best practices and help our team achieve our goals.
- You’ve successfully led teams of 5+ people in fast paced environments. Working with and leading teams in customer-facing roles is a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of team dynamics, care passionately about your teammates, and are biased to set them up for success.
- You adapt your mentorship approach to support each teammate to achieve their best, knowing that what works for one person might not be the best approach for another.
- You lean into critical conversations, and recognize the importance of regular, actionable, and clear feedback so that we can grow together.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and jumping in to get the work done.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication.
- And of course… you have a deep passion for delivering delightful customer experiences!
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.