Customer Success Operations Manager
Note: This role is remote friendly, though can be onsite if candidate is based in or near Denver, Colorado.
Propeller's mission is to provide real time earthworks tracking for everyone. To pave the path to real time, we're building hardware and software solutions that simplify data collection, processing, and analysis for heavy civil and resource operations.
Our customers are essential workers, industrious men and women who pave the roads we drive on, design the landfills we use, and manage our natural resources. We are committed to making their jobs easier by creating products and services which empower them to improve their efficiency and reduce their diesel consumption.
We believe a win for our customers is a win for Propeller and a win for our planet.
Propeller is at a unique point of scale in our Customer Success team. We need to ensure we can deliver high-quality service and support to our customers, but without every interaction being 1:1 or manually provided by a team member. Team efficiency is becoming increasingly important, but not at the expense of our customer relationships or the team's engagement. To support our ability to grow at scale, we implemented Gainsight last year as our CS platform and are continually building new workflows to ensure the team can better prioritize and manage their time, as well as stay on top of the health and satisfaction of the customers in their portfolios. This included launching Success Plans and Customer Health Scores, creating triggered calls-to-action to proactively identify at-risk accounts and building dashboards that managers can use to best support their teams.
We're also continually refining our existing processes and creating new ones so that everyone understands how to succeed in their roles and has the information they need to provide the best possible support to our customers. This—coupled with achieving quarterly churn and financial targets and customer satisfaction goals—is setting the Customer Success team up for an exciting year ahead. It's absolutely essential that we find a skilled Customer Success Operations Manager to work closely with the VP of CS, the CS team managers and the full CS team to help guide us through this period of rapid growth.
If you have experience administering Gainsight NXT or a similar Customer Success or SaaS CRM platform, get excited by solving hard problems, are invigorated by the opportunity to collaborate with smart and dedicated team members, and enjoy project management, this is the job for you. You will help ensure the Customer Success team becomes a well-oiled machine by working together with the VP of CS to push forward important strategic and tactical initiatives. You'll ensure we have the information, knowledge, and insights needed to support our customer-facing team members and ensure they can help achieve our customers' business objectives. You will be responsible for the administration and architecture of Gainsight NXT, including the delivery of new workflows, insights, automation, and efficiencies that will enhance our ability to support our customers at scale.
You'll identify business challenges and design highly effective operational solutions by building, experimenting, and iterating continuously. You'll impact the people, processes, and tools that the CS team relies upon. You'll help make sure that the VP of CS can focus on vision-setting, proactive strategy, getting to know our customers, and change management initiatives by focusing on supporting structural changes, running meetings, project managing process improvements and ensuring good cross-functional teamwork. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role, and involves working with other internal teams such as Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product on shared goals and outcomes to influence change and ensure the best possible customer experience.
NOTE: This role is an individual contributor with no direct reports or management responsibilities.
- 1-2 years of Customer Success Software development/administration experience. Gainsight NXT is preferred, however candidates with experience developing/administering a similar Customer Success platform or SaaS CRM platform (Salesforce, HubSpot, Totango, etc.) will be considered.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Customer Success Operations, Service Operations or Sales Operations role at a fast-growing start-up or SaaS company, with a strong track record of leveraging processes, data, systems, and communication platforms and tools to increase customer retention, growth, and lifetime value.
- Strong analytical skills, data driven, and a passion for problem solving. You're invigorated by solving problems and driving improvements.
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects. You know how to ensure the most impactful work is getting done to deliver maximum value.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to align large teams around common goals.
- Exceptional project management skills - you know how to herd cats, run effective meetings, create project plans, keep everyone on task, effectively communicate to all project participants and stakeholders, proactively identify problems before they become blockers and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with managers and leaders, establish trust with peers and execute complicated projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter who is motivated to accomplish goals and complete projects without extensive oversight.
- Strong knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Excel.
- Bonus if:
- You're a Certified Gainsight Administrator.
- You have experience administering Journey Orchestrator, Success Plans, CTAs, Email Notifications and C360.
- You have experience as a Customer Success Manager (or a similar customer-facing role) at a SaaS company.
- Design, build, and measure scalable processes, workflows, and automations in Gainsight NXT that enable the Customer Success team to deliver exceptional support to our fast-growing customer base.
- Continually improve the Gainsight user-experience to reduce admin work and make it as easy as possible for the Customer Success team to get value from using Gainsight.
- Design business rules that analyze customer data and trigger actions for the Customer Success team to proactively and reactively engage with customers.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures.
- Assist with training and change management efforts to optimize platform success across the company, including training end users and increasing user skills with the platform.
- Manage user accounts, groups, and security settings within Gainsight.
- Provide day-to-day end user support to all members of the CS Team. Maintain vision alignment and trust with the VP of CS and ensure the VP of CS is working on the most important items for the company. Project manage strategic initiatives aligned to the CS Team's and Propeller's company goals and own next steps coming out of team meetings to ensure they get done.
- Train the team on new tools and technologies designed to improve processes.
- Work closely with the Customer Marketing Manager and Knowledge Base Manager to ensure that all customer-facing communications are high quality and relevant to our strategies.
- Help complete priority items for the VP of CS to an appropriate level of quality.
- Keep the VP of CS accountable for commitments, while helping keep her direct reports accountable for results.
- Keep the VP of CS accessible and open to new ideas and proposals.
We are 100% about impact and 0% about ego, with everyone here being encouraged to solve their problems creatively, listen to one another and to never stop learning. We work for our collective success, and we welcome you to learn more about us on Glassdoor.
Propeller is for everyone, so come as you are. We're open humans who champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer our employees:
- Fully paid employee United Platinum PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employee share options
- Professional development benefits; we embrace the journey & practice our passions.
- Monthly telephone and/or internet allowance
- Paid main & secondary parental leave policies
- Flexible work arrangements
- Base salary range: $75,000 - $85,000 USD