We are looking for a Data Engineer for the core of our application. We are looking for a generalist software developer who loves learning new things and facing new challenges but we also value if you have some deep experience about specific topics such as scalability, XP practices, algorithms, web development, etc.
We work remotely but you can also work in Madrid offices. At the moment we are only seeking candidates in Europe (UTC+02:00 or similar).
Approximate salary range: € 45k - 55k.
If you don't have some of the requirements, but you are willing to learn, have an open mind and this job offer resonates with you, don't hesitate to contact us.
Nextail is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
A highly innovative and fast-paced environment. As in any startup, expect to find a team with an interesting mix of business profiles (without the slides), IT geeks, data scientists, and as a fashion tech startup, a few fashion victims.
- The satisfaction of delivering something new to the world that will have a strong impact both on retailers’ top line and in customer satisfaction. Contribute to the development of cutting-edge artificial intelligence & machine learning technologies that will build the next generation of retail systems.
- The opportunity to work with top client decision-makers in the fashion retail industry and sharpen your business reasoning and interpersonal skills. * Learn from peers from top consulting firms and the best global business schools.
- Flexibility in remote work and office hours, use of some of the most advanced collaborative tools.
- Periodic company get-togethers to meet the rest of the team.
- Compensation that includes a fixed+variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising rounds.
Who you will work with
- Joaquín Villalba (CEO): Founder of Nextail and former Head of Inditex Logistic's Operations for Europe for more than 4 years. After leaving Inditex, he worked as a freelancer consultant to improve the supply chain operation of different retailers.
- Juan Avedillo (COO): over 18 years of experience in technological transformation and innovation environments back him. He went through several different roles, industries and countries as a consultant in McKinsey & Company along 9 years. He also worked in The Cocktail as the technical practices lead.
- Julien Vantyghem: Will be your teammate. He was one of the first persons to join the company around 5 years ago. Since then he has been helping to build and maintain every data-related component. He is currently leading the efforts to migrate one of our worst-ageing parts of our systems. This is not only going to save us a good monthly expense on AWS, but also decrease the system's complexity.
- Abel González: He has been already a few years at Nextail and he has helped us develop integrations components, data infrastructure, and hardware. He is currently leading the Platform team, who will be your support when creating everything that we have mentioned. Some time ago someone priorized "doing kubernetes" and they haven't been able to finish it. For some reason Abel insists that we have to maintain that. He will mention that. First of all, we are looking for a good workmate to join the team. We value working in a safe and constructive environment where everybody can thrive over any specific technical skill.
In our team you will also find people focused on generating an impact in the company, rather than just taking on new task to develop. We expect that the person who joins us is as exited about this bias towards impact and action as we are.
The requirements for this job are:
- Experience building scalable data platforms
- Experience with ETL processes
- Experience bulding pipelines for Data Science teams.
- Professional experience with AWS
- Experience with analytical and transactional databases
- Knowledge in IT security
- Knowledge in Data Auditing
- Knowledge in management of data permits
We will also positively value if you:
- Have knowledge in analysis systems Big-Data/BI/ML
- Have knowledge of Python, and Ruby on Rails languages/frameworks