Design Team Lead
Tilly is an Online Landscape Design company working to make GREAT design accessible to more homeowners. We are looking for motivated Landscape Designers interested in working remotely with a fast paced dispersed workforce.
Founded in 2019 as a residential design solution, Tilly provides custom landscape plans at a more affordable rate. Tilly’s services are available nationwide through a talented team of designers with regional plant knowledge spanning the country.
Tilly has experienced exponential growth and needs a strong, ambitious and nimble team to grow along with the company. Tilly is a women-owned and operated business. For more information visit tillydesign.com.
Tilly’s success begins and ends with our design team - they are the heart of our business and the strongest branding tool we have! As a Design Team Lead, you will help to inspire, motivate, and coach a cohort of remote Landscape Designers to deliver landscape design services through the Tilly process, and in line with Tilly’s high design and client service standards. Our ideal candidate has a track record of happy residential clients, experience managing designers, and is excited to support and advance a remote team.
- Design Team Management: train, coach, motivate and support Landscape Designers as needed; track designer performance against provided framework; report on team metrics to the executive leadership team
- Project Oversight: track design team within project management tool to ensure deadlines are met; following-up when a project is past due
- Quality Assurance: review each design before deliverable is sent to customer; check for alignment with design standards and customer intake information; check quantities, materials and review copy for any errors
- Customer Support: be available to speak with customers directly as needed, and to support design team in their customer service role
- Design Projects: personally complete 1-2 projects per week
- Leadership: collaborate with other Design Team Leads to share best practices; provide ideas to improve process and innovate products; support broader business strategy as needed (may include marketing content, product development, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working directly with residential homeowners
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing teams (ideally in a customer focused setting). Experience with managing a remote team is a plus.
- A proven history of building strong teams, and meeting performance targets by driving results through your teams.
- The ability to independently make sound business and client service decisions.
- A relentless focus on the customer experience, as well as design process improvement.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with navigating Google products, video calls and various social media apps and websites.
- Excited to make an impact, drive results, and create happiness in a high growth startup environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.