We are seeking an experienced, resourceful DevOps Lead to join our growing team. This role will lead the design, build, and operational management of highly secure and scalable software for Socio's customers, ensuring the highest levels of security and responding swiftly to any new and emerging vulnerabilities and security threats. The DevOps team builds, configures, and maintains the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance for all of Socio's products.
The DevOps Lead will work collaboratively with the engineering and quality assurance teams to reduce manual tasks and increase performance optimization. This role will also work with leadership on capacity planning, deployment and solution designing.
You'll get to:
*¨Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with the deployment of products.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Create and manage build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery to improve the quality and availability of business products.
- Develop and design new processes to optimize performance and improve systems.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Analyze and comprehend how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- 3+ years' of experience in a DevOps Engineer role.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures, specifically using AWS.
- An understanding of cloud web hosting infrastructure architectures which utilize relational & NoSQL databases.
- The ability to scale-out/load balancing solutions, content caching techniques, shared directory services, and layered network security models.
- Experience in Terraform, Containerization (Kubernetes & Docker), Elasticsearch.
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible,
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Scrum approach and related process (development, release, CI, etc).
- Bonus: AWS Certifications
- Bonus: Knowledge about Security Compliance (SOC 2, ISO 27001, GDPR and CCPA)
- Bonus: Experience working with a global SaaS company experience with 20+ engineers
Who are we?
Socio is a venture-backed SaaS company that helps SMBs and enterprises power event success for their virtual, in-person, and hybrid events. With clients like Google, Microsoft, and PepsiCo, Socio is being used in thousands of events globally while facilitating millions of interactions every day.
As we grow, we are building a team that does awesome work and has an amazing time doing it. If you're looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define the future of events, we would love to talk to you!
We provide benefits and support to help you rest easy and focus on things that matter. Some of our perks include:
Competitive Base Salary
Company Lifestyle Reimbursement
Flexible Hours & Workspaces
Learning & Development Support
$600 Work-From-Home Setup
All potential employees must pass a background check.
Socio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.