E-Commerce Marketing Specialist
Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify e-commerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants—entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small—succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Pixel Union is looking for an E-commerce Marketing Specialist to join our Themes team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, we’re looking for someone excited about owning our domains and improving conversion rates. You would be testing out new page flows, running a/b test, and responsible for improving revenue on our sites.
Success in the role requires creativity, a commitment to collaboration, and the ability to dive into projects to find any existing gaps. The ideal person for this role is a strong communicator and has a solid ability to read between the lines. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to execute with excellence.
As a Pixel Union E-commerce Marketing Specialist , you'll…
- Manage and report on the Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox websites while adhering to our brand guidelines and industry-leading aesthetics.
- Run experiments on our customer journey to improve the e-commerce conversion rate.
- Be responsible for website revenue, e-commerce conversion rate, increase in organic search, and order abandonment recovery.
- Work with our PPC agency to drive traffic to our site, supporting the programs by creating landing pages and providing feedback on performance.
- Ensure proper tracking of our analytics and events.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and optimizing an e-commerce website. Bonus points if it was on a Shopify theme
- Experience with Google Optimizely, Google Analytics, Google Console, Data Studio. You have set up custom events.
- Analytic and data-driven, ability to see opportunity in the customer lifecycle and run experiments to increase purchases.
If you have these skills that's a huge plus!
- Some experience with working with paid search or have managed a PPC agency.
- International e-commerce experience, having demonstrated an ability to increase conversion rates across multiple geographies and language traffic segments
- Experience improving conversion rates on both products and services. Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. We trust our team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. We value challenging ourselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and we get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
Some of our perks include:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Providing company hardware and software
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!