Frontend Developer (WebGL)
Rapport is looking for a Front-end developer who is passionate about games and technology and has experience with WebGL or related technologies.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.This role will report to the Lead Software Engineer on the team, and work with all disciplines in the company.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Excellent communication skills - ability to actively listen, to engage with others and communicate effectively whether in-person, over Zoom, or in written comms
- Ability to work comfortably with a team of mixed disciplines
- Some knowledge of WebGL (or other 3D APIs such as OpenGL or OpenGL|ES is highly desired, as well as experience with basic scenegraph management)
- Demonstrable experience with ThreeJS
- Comfortable working within HTML5 (mainly with Canvas and Stream elements
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude
These are nice to have, but not essential to the role!
- Basic WebRTC and Browser Audio experience
- Passionate about games development and technology
- Continuous learning mindset
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up. In return you can expect:
- Private health insurance
- Excellent career progression and skills development opportunities (we're currently working on a new L&D initiative!)
- Budget towards your home-working set up
- Access to an anonymous health and wellbeing platform
- Flexible working hours and location (as agreed with the team)
- 28 days holiday, with additional paid time off over the festive season
Plus more to come!
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. In the future we are hoping to reopen an office in Edinburgh City Centre, which will act as our company HQ. (Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected - please take this into consideration when applying!)
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.