Head of Cloud
Arch Systems is seeking a Head of Cloud to join our rapidly scaling team
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with top Fortune 500 customers to retrofit industrial machines with cutting-edge IoT to drive efficiency, transparency, and next generation intelligence.
We work in partnership with the manufacturing industry with a focus in surface mount technology. We also support a variety of ongoing developing world projects.
We are looking for talented and driven people wanting to transform manufacturing operations and to make the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a Head of Cloud (depending on hire's experience) at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, total target compensation is comprised of base salary, a completion bonus, and a performance bonus.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, we do have a preference for candidates located in The Americas (PST +/- 3) to maximize collaboration time. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you have experience and enjoy deploying and managing a SaaS based solution? Are you a hands on manager able to write code as well as to help others write it? Is your desire to work on scalable streaming platforms that process millions of data messages per hour (and eventually per minute)? Then this might be the role for you!
You will manage the ArchFX Cloud team, which includes:
- A back-end team in charge of a large Django based server deployed to AWS using Kubernetes and many AWS services. This server includes all the required APIs for the front end and ArchFX Broker to communicate with, and its own User Interface to help manage the system
- A front-end team in charge of building the Global KPIs application for our customers to visualize and analyze factory machine data
- A small set of stand-alone applications that help our customers manage IoT Devices and Software Connectors This role will require you to help design and develop new user features, and to help implement (yes, code) a portion of them, mostly on the back-end side.
In this role your general responsibilities will be:
- Manage a small team of engineers in charge of the full ArchFX Cloud solution
- Help grow the team, both as mentor and hiring more people
- Responsible for all aspects of this solution, from quality to helping design new features
To be successful in this role, we think that you need:
- Professional experience developing and releasing Django based applications
- Professional experience with deploying AWS based solutions
- Understanding of best practices for deploying, monitoring and securing a Web Server
- Strong understanding of industry standard software algorithms, data structures, and software development process
- An ability and desire to understand manufacturing data from low level machine data to industry wide KPIs
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
Other skills that may help you in this role, but are not required:
- Experience with streaming platforms (rabbitMQ, kafka)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Passion for manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- We have an ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology.
- Our experienced team has the relevant domain expertise and network to make sure we're focused on the most important industry problems facing our customers.
- Your work will be solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike.
- We provide a Learning & Development budget to support your professional growth.
- You are trusted in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team.
- Time off is flexible - take the time you need, including an end-of-year break. We track PTO only to be able to check-in with Arch-itects if they aren't using the time available to them and work with you to figure out getting the breaks you need.
- You will be able to to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment, with
- Leadership who welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes.
- We value a culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team. Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths