Head of Legal
Arrived Is Democratizing Real Estate Investing A Little About Us
Our mission is to make real estate investing accessible to millions of people. Residential real estate has been the best long-run investment in modern history, but potential operational headaches and larger upfront financial commitments prevent many people from participating. Through this mission, we believe we can help people achieve financial independence to support the lives they want to live.
As our Head of Legal you'll handle both our legal and compliance functions related to our Reg A+ offering and broker dealer activities. Ideal candidate should have experience in similar roles, preferably at another FinTech startup, and will have all or most applicable licenses below. You'll work directly with our CEO, our senior outside securities counsel, outside real estate counsel, broker-dealer, and transfer agents.
You Might be a Fit for this Role if You
- Hold a JD with a license to practice in your State.
- Have deep knowledge of federal securities laws and SEC / FINRA regulations.
- Have experience with Regulation A+ offerings and/or private real estate or REIT offerings.
- Knowledgable about relevant real estate laws for real estate operating companies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced unstructured environment where you are responsible for setting your priorities and owning your schedule.
- Can reduce complex problems down to simple solutions that solve problems.
- Have colleagues or stakeholders in other functions compliment your ability to explain your work, process, and decision-making.
- Love working with other team members to help them learn and grow, and also have them help you learn and grow.
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting our users, your colleagues, and all of Arrived.
- Have experience as a designated principal within a broker dealer or experience within an issuer dealer.
- Hold a Series 7, 63/66, or 24 (not required).
How and where we work
Inclusion: We are an inclusive and diverse organization, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and we work hard to create an inclusive and healthy environment for all. Location: We are primarily based out of Seattle Washington, however we are open to applicants from any geography as long as you are passionate about what we are building and great at what you do. Culture: We are a small team. We work really well together. We love what we do and we want to work with people who have the same passion. How we work: We really like to experiment with crazy ideas and try to solve tough problems. We are obsessed with data and data driven decision making. We love hearing different opinions and we aren't too proud to change our minds when we are wrong.
Every Arrived employee gets free shares in every property we fundraise on the platform so that you can start building up your passive income (we only ask that you don't quit your job and leave us high and dry when you are swimming in dollar bills). Our office fridge is filled with only the best, most organic, most expensive coconut water available…. actually that's not true. We could spend obscene amounts of money on luxury perks, but we'd rather give you that money in Arrived property shares that will pay you dividends for many years to come. Dividends that can buy you all the coconut water your heart desires, in perpetuity