Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing @ Arli
*Sydney / Marketing / Full-time/ Meaningful company stock / Work from anywhere policy.
*This is a true head of marketing role. You will be the origin of everything marketing that comes out of Arli and given the opportunity to build a global brand and member base. You need to own everything marketing and will be supported by not only a talented internal team but also some of the greatest brand builders in Australia. We're looking for a Head of Marketing who is a good person and genuinely cares about doing good. Addiction is omnipresent and a growing psychological behaviour impacting millions globally and manifests in many forms — it is emerging as the great scourge of modern society.
Millions of Australians suffer from one form of addiction or another, and rarely these manifest as being helpful to the individual. While drugs, alcohol, and smoking are the most commonly experienced forms of addiction, we believe “newer” forms of recognised addiction disorders are emerging that Arli will help to solve over time, including pharmaceuticals, gambling, porn, sex, foods, computer gaming, social media, and screen addiction — not to mention what we can't see.
What will you be doing?
Build strategy and execute on it. Have a focus on acquisition while also building our brand. We are a product-brand led company (Yes, that's a thing) and we are doing something wildly ambitious in an incredibly stigmatised space.
Develop a communications strategy to complement and enhance the evolution of our brand (Alongside our brand advisor as your go-to mentor)
Be creative in thought and the way that you tell stories to the world. Feel comfortable in testing the bounds of what is appropriate. Are you edgy? Are you FIERCE?
Build and execute PR campaigns (alongside an agency) incl promotional marketing, and social engagement across our social profiles, newsletters and website;
Day to day, nail the functional aspects of the role by managing email campaigns, coordinating social media schedules and maintaining the website;
Think big, we are starting in AUS but U.S is our market, work alongside the CEO and Head of Product to do market research ahead of global domination;
Experiment with channels, SEO, content, allied health pick one that works and optimise the hell outta it;
Create, communicate and co-manage events (online and offline) in conjunction with the team that build a funnel of talented coaches at Arli (alongside our Head Coach)
♀ Don't know how to do something? No probs — thanks for telling us. Outsource it and find a way to get it done. ✅
Have a loud voice within Arli, be heard and work with the team to harness our internal vision and mission, share this across various channels within the world.
Is this you?
- Self-aware and vulnerable: This role is larger than life and we don't believe in unicorns. In order to be successful you will need to know your strengths and weaknesses, ruthlessly prioritise tasks and outsource/delegate when needed.
- Be solution-focused. There will be loads of existential problems you will face in this role. Build around them.
- Have strong structured thinking — “Give me a framework and give me freedom”. Use data to make decisions, not opinions. Have a process-driven approach to most things you do.
- Be confident enough in your craft to deliver campaigns from ideation to completion, independently. When you need feedback, collaborate with the team, they are a clever bunch and they love helping and being involved.
Who are we?
Arli — We're on a mission to build the largest & most connected community of support for people fighting addiction. We do this by making recovery accessible to anyone on the planet, in the moment of need.
As part of our vision, we will give every person fighting addiction a pathway to purpose. We do this by creating a pathway for our members to become coaches.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We are wildly vulnerable as a team and just as courageous. We show up daily full of energy to tackle this wicked problem AND we do it with care. You can read our promise here. We are FIERCE ⚡
Where are we at today?
There's 7 of us now ( ) — we have received VC funding to make sure we can focus on execution over the next couple of years instead of worrying about job safety. The interest in health tech is huge right now, and we are tackling a new frontier just at the right time — a digital application for a chronic disease which people can access any time, anywhere.
- Make no mistake — we're not just building a simple app. We are not competing with other apps as much as we are helping people win the fight against ‘bugs' in the human brain and the chemical substances that exploit those bugs. To win that fight, people need to be connected.
- We are actively working with the people who are struggling with addiction, as well as customers — we have signed partnerships with some of the best treatment providers in Aus and access to thousands of members once we are ready to scale. Our MVP launched a few months ago and has not only validated a bunch of assumptions but sped up our learning by 100x. We are involving researchers and experts in the process as addiction is a complex problem, and we want to prove the efficacy of our solution. The freight train is going and it's moving full steam ahead.
You can expect from us.
- You will enjoy working with us at this early stage if you are autonomous, like fast-paced environments and prefer open and clear communication. If you prefer to get given clear instructions and need a manager who develops your craft skills, we are not quite ready for you yet.
- Flexible working arrangements in exchange for a culture that is not ‘9 to 5' in practice. We focus on outcomes not hours worked in a day.
- Additional Work from anywhere budget to ensure we get the best out of you. Stand-up desk, additional screen, good lighting or some comfy shoes.
- Your colleagues are a few of the best people on the planet to drive you towards being the best you. (Sound lame but it's true)
- We are obsessed with hiring great people, that's why we will make sure you have some of the smartest people around you.
Last but not least: Addiction is a problem that touches every part of society — no matter what gender, racial background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. That's why we are building a team that is just as diverse as the people affected by addiction.