Head of Marketing
Who We Are:
We are a marketing product studio with various entities: Single Grain (agency), ClickFlow (software), Marketing events business, 2 marketing podcasts, and marketing education programs.
Since 2009, Single Grain has been dedicated to drive persistent growth for remarkable companies. We've worked with Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Uber, Amazon, and Salesforce. Our expertise is in paid media, paid social, SEO, and content marketing.
We have a blog, two podcasts, and YouTube channel as a testament to our digital marketing expertise. The podcasts hosted by our CEO, Eric Siu, called Marketing School and Leveling Up amass over 1.5 million downloads/month. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, our blog sees over 350,000 visitors/month, and the Leveling Up YouTube channel has 55,000 subscribers and counting. It's our mission to level up every human by educating and moving the marketing industry forward.
Check out our Careers page for a video on our company culture and values by our CEO.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a humble, hungry, and smart Head of Marketing to join our team.
- You have a background with coaching programs, infoproducts, and book funnels.
- You have sourced and managed an A-player team of marketers
- You understand new web technologies such as customer data platforms and the latest marketing technologies.
- You are an expert with conversion rate optimization
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words “Growth is cool” as the first line of your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
What You Will Be Accountable To:
- Growing our infoproducts, coaching programs & more
- Increase the conversion rates for our site and other landing pages
- Driving more overall conversions
- Recruiting an A-player team of marketers
- Promote (and even repurpose) our content to drive more traffic—through personalized cold email, tasteful sharing in relevant Slack and Facebook groups, organizing co-marketing partnerships, and more.
- Get your hands dirty with reports in Google Analytics, HubSpot, Drip, Facebook ads, and Google Ads, and help put together simple reports in Google * * Sheets to show the impact of your efforts.
- Implement various parts of our marketing funnel, which includes, but is not limited to, setting up:
- Landing pages
- Webinar campaigns
- Survey funnels
- Email marketing campaigns and more
- Bonus: Strong experience with info products / education funnels e.g. Foundr, Consulting.com, CXL.com, etc.
- Well rounded t-shaped marketer with experience in multiple marketing channels
- Bonus: Strategic expertise on multiple advertising platforms (e.g., Google, Facebook, Bing, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.)
- 4+ years of growth marketing experience
- Built and managed a team
- Love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel to identify different growth opportunities
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Affiliate marketing experience
- SEO experience
- Copywriting experience
- Conversion rate optimization experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Project management and analytical skills
- Writing and proofreading skills (creative copy, emails, etc.)
- Bonus: Google Ads and Facebook Blueprint certifications a plus
- Bonus: Strong understanding of SaaS sales and marketing cycles
- Comfortable working with complex marketing stacks (Hull.io, Twilio, Outreach, Clearbit, HubSpot, ScheduleOnce, etc.)
Single Grain provides the following benefits below as well as a company culture focused on people and values. We're also on Built In LA's Top Companies to Work for in LA list 2020!
- Growth-oriented culture
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy 15 days PTO initially; 25 days PTO after 2 years
- Commuter and other pre-tax benefits
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- A Climate Positive Workforce - check out the Single Grain forest here
- Remote culture
- Macbook Air with M1 Chip
- Benefits start after a 90-day probationary period