PHP WordPress Developer
Our client is specializing in the creation of websites, web applications and in improving the Internet presence of small and medium size companies across Canada, for the last 10 years! Their new office is just amazing, not to even mention their working culture! They are serious without taking themselves seriously!
They are just the company for you if PHP is your passion! You are expected to know WordPress like the back of your hand and to excel in building custom-made themes! Also, you must like to play with Gutenberg. A love of GIFs and beer is highly recommended, but still optional.
Some of your daily activities :
- Build from scratch top-quality WordPress sites with custom themes and plugins.
- Stay on top of best practices in the WordPress community and bring suggestions of tech and coding style to our development team
- Work with and delegate to our more developers
- Debugging and new feature requests for existing sites
- Ensure top quality by overseeing QA and reviewing code
- 4+ Years developing custom WordPress sites (setting up templates doesn't count)
- Strong experience in PHP, specifically WordPress
- Developer experience working with Gutenberg Block Editor
- Comfortable with Git and good version control practices
- Some dev-ops experience (implementing automated deployments)
- Experience building robust frontend experiences using reusable components (Tailwind CSS and Bootstrap familiarity a plus)
- Modern theme development knowledge (Roots/Sage a plus)
- Experience turning ideas, wireframes and designs into well-executed code
- Knowledge of good UX practices and design fundamentals
What is in it for you :
- Collective insurance
- Competitive salary with potential for large bonuses
- Great casual working environment
- Remote work : offices in Saint Henry, but you can work from anywhere within +-2hrs of EST time.
- You time: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company, also all 9+ Federal Holidays and extra paid time for end of year holidays.
- Time before and after Covid: Team trips each year to meet and work in-person!
- Discretionary Budget: Monthly stipends for things like training & development, home office expenses, and more ;)
Time to stop feeling like a cog in a machine?
Apply today! :)