Global InfoTek, Inc.
Principal Software Engineer Level IV
Clearance Level: Must be Secret Clearance eligible
US Citizenship: Required
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Downtown Boston Area Facility and remote
Years of Experience: 7-10
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
Position Description: Global InfoTek is looking for Principal Software Engineers (Lvl IV). In addition to the requirements of Level II and Level III individuals must have expert-level knowledge and experience in software design and architecture and be capable of analyzing and decomposing activities/requirements to software designs that are allocated across product teams, systems components/sub-components, classification system levels, etc. This position will collaborate with a team of engineers and administrators supporting our clients DevSecOps program. Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- 8 years experience of non-internship full-stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development
- 5 years experience with agile and lean philosophies
- 5 years experience with DevSecOps tools and processes such as Git, Concourse, SonarQube, Fortify and ThreadFix
- 3 years experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- 3 years experience doing XP, CI/CD Integration, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Rapidly design and document information system solutions through flow diagrams or other visual tools
- Time management, work with a team of engineers and management personnel to produce integrated prototype systems on or before given deadlines
- Active problem-solving skills, enthusiastic learning, understanding of new technologies and techniques and apply this information to current and future projects
- Critical thinking, and logic skills to outline the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, systematically selecting the optimum solutions for the give problem
Global InfoTek, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Global InfoTek, Inc. Reston, VA-based Global InfoTek Inc. is a woman owned small business with an award-winning track record of designing, developing, and deploying best-of-breed technologies that address the nation's pressing cyber and advanced technology needs. For more than two decades, GITI has merged pioneering technologies, operational effectiveness, and best business practices to rapidly provide low-cost, agile solutions to DoD, DHS, and IC customers. In addition to its Reston office, GITI has operations in San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, and Rome, NY.