Product Marketing Manager
At Aiven, we turn top Open Source data technologies into frustration-free cloud services to serve the needs of customers of all sizes. Today, we offer eight fully-managed services - Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana that work across major cloud providers such as Google, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean and more.
We are now looking for an energetic and enthusiastic product marketing manager to help us communicate and crystallise the value of our services to potential customers. As our customers range from developers to business people, we expect our Product Marketing Manager to be both tech-savvy and business-minded, and able to communicate to different audiences with their own language. We are open to hire in Germany, Finland and in several additional EU countries.
Top things you’ll help us with
- Manage the pricing and plan structures for all Aiven services, and the different channels they are sold through
- Create a differentiated market positioning and messaging framework for the specific services under your responsibility
- Launch new services and capabilities to the market
- Provide compelling value propositions, business benefits and technical highlights that match the needs of different roles in customer organizations.
- Equip our sales and marketing teams with collaterals and sales tools they need to be successful in their work
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure flexible pricing models that suite our different service offerings, customer types and sales channels
- Keep track of competitor pricing details
- Create value propositions and messaging frameworks for your products targeting the different audiences
- Translate technical details of services to tangible customer benefits
- Plan and participate in launching of new services and capabilities
- Create product marketing collaterals and sales tools
- Support marketing activities and projects in your area
- Hold sales training sessions
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud B2B business models and IaaS/PaaS/ SaaS service pricing
- Experience in B2B product marketing, preferably with some Open Source technology based products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Masterclass level Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to translate technical features to business benefits
- Collaborative skills to facilitate cross functional working
- Fluency in English language, both written and spoken
Your attributes we need
- Passion - You care and feel ownership about everything you release. You want to understand the vision of what needs to be built before committing to the solution.
- Communication - You can communicate fluently in English and can influence others in any role in the decision making process.
- Pragmatic - You can make proposals based on careful evaluation of the challenge and deliver value fast. You do not fret over perfection.
- Growth mindset - You are open to develop your skills with persistent effort and input from others
We are proud of our organization culture - we search for the most pragmatic solution in everything we do and cultivate a trusting, supportive environment that empowers everyone to strive for excellence. Besides our people and culture, we offer you:
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for your open source contributions in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote working when needed
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
If this role sounds like you, please send us your application and we’ll take it from there.