Product Marketing Manager
Company Description We collaborate with our customers like few others in our industry. That’s how we help global businesses achieve extraordinary outcomes in driving predictable, profitable outcomes and growth, by combining the best technology, processes, and – most importantly – people.
It doesn’t stop with unlocking opportunities for customers: We’re committed to creating growth, opportunity, diversity, and inclusion for our employees, too.
Our team is growing. You will, too.
The product marketing manager is responsible for driving the success of the organization by connecting market needs that are pervasive, urgent and value-driven to unique capabilities embodied in Vendavo’s market offering: selling and pricing solutions for commercial excellence.
You are responsible for making your products “fly-off the shelf.” This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the entire marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Competitive intelligence: Analyze our competitors, the category, and define how we win. Understand industry trends and competitors to develop marketing strategies to increase our market presence and thought leadership.
- Customer insights: Work directly with customer success, product, and sales teams to mine quantitative and qualitative data for customer trends and insights
- Marketing assets & campaigns: develop content, product positioning, and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas to support product awareness, customer acquisition and engagement goals. Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Persona development: Build and refine buyer and user personas; document the buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make, based on internal and external data.
- Positioning: Develop messaging platforms across key use cases and industry verticals.
- Product adoption: Drive adoption and engagement of the company's marketplace products with clear product positioning, naming and launch strategies Generate and manage campaigns to increase product adoption and customer retention
- Sales enablement: Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users. Create sales materials and internal tools to accelerate prospects through the sales funnel. Partner with sales to launch and drive adoption of new features and products and act as their key point of contact for product positioning.
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans and ensure internal organizational readiness. Partner with Product, Design and Marketing colleagues on driving cross-functional, cross-channel marketing efforts to meet the growth objectives associated with ongoing product initiatives.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- We’re looking for a data- and results-driven individual with a proven ability to deliver on commitments, and who fits the following profile:
- 4+ years of product marketing or product management experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research). B2B experience at a commerce-oriented technology company is a plus. Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in business or marketing; Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent research and writing skills. Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups and highly comfortable with analytics and standard business success metrics.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, and comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, Teams, and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Outreach, Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics, preferred; exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Efficient, highly productive multi-tasker; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, “get it done” environment. Be willing to learn new, exciting things.
- Superior project management skills; results-focused with superb execution and follow-through; highly detail-oriented to execute high-impact go-to-market campaigns.
- Social and Emotional IQ – the ability to effectively listen, communicate, and manage expectations all levels (down, peer, up) and political savviness (corporate agility). * Excellent people and management skills to successfully collaborate and interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player
Competitive base salary + bonus
- Pay Range $80- $100k base * Salary may vary on geographic location and years of experience.
Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
Unlimited paid time off
Flexible working hours