(Senior) Database Engineer
InventoryLab is an awesome place to work. Our staff is engaged, mission-driven, and remarkably talented. We always have and always will be a 100% remote work company. Even without a brick and mortar office, we have an inclusive, highly-collaborative, and, most importantly, FUN company culture.
Why are we telling you all this first? Because we’re a little picky here. We’ve got a good thing going and we want to keep it that way.
So what are we looking for? Put clinically, we seek a Senior Database Engineer. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the job. See more below for the requirements.
No agencies please. Position is open only to US residents. No visa sponsorship is available.
Who we are:
InventoryLab’s products simplify workflows for online marketplace sellers. We streamline product sourcing, inventory management, product listing, and profitability analysis for our customers. Learn more about us at https://www.inventorylab.com.
How we get it done:
- Our focus is on how we can continue to provide an optimal user experience.
- We use Jira for product management, issue reporting, ideology, and documentation.
- Basecamp is our project management and team communication tool of choice.
What you will be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of robust scalable data models for relational and NoSql databases in a cloud native environment
- Developing database security models for developer and application component roles following best practices
- Light system administration, maintenance, and monitoring of database servers, backups, and disaster recovery scripts and jobs
- Working with other team members on matching and balancing application feature needs with database performance and scalability concerns
- Helping re-architect our application data models
- Mentoring and teaching others database best practices and advanced data management concepts
What we are looking for:
- You have 5 years supporting production SQL Server database environments
- You have 5 years designing and maintaining application layer database models
- You have 5 years experience writing and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, and custom functions
- You have been responsible for designing and implementing database backup and restore procedures
- You have at least some experience with NoSQL databases in a cloud environment such as Azure CosmosDB, Cassandra, AWS Dynamo, or RavenDB
- You are good at query and index optimization and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
- You are willing to learn new things and evaluate new technologies that may suit the application needs better in the future
- You live for details. You understand that details are the difference between a failed and successful release. In fact, when we ask you later, you will tell us that your favorite color is Island Blue!
- You are self-driven and can thrive as part of a fully remote team
What will set you apart:
- Experience with both AWS and Azure cloud environments specifically in data management areas
- Experience with data warehousing and modeling data for warehousing and to support robust reporting and analytics models
- Experience with cloud based big data, ETL, and analytics tooling as well as Elastic Search and/or Azure Search
- Other programming experience and knowledge of different programming languages
- You have navigated the challenges of working remotely and are fully prepared to work within that environment
- You can work with little supervision and can proactively, find, anticipate, and fix issues others may miss
- You can not only do the work but can guide and teach others (player/coach)
- Lastly, we’re NOT looking for someone who just wants a new job. We’re looking for someone who wants to work at InventoryLab.
- The technology you need to be successful
- 8 paid holidays
- A responsible time-off policy
- Health/vision/dental insurance options
- 401K with company match
- Health and fitness reimbursement
- Home office allowance to customize your workspace
- Working with awesome people (we aren't biased at all)