Kumanu is behavior designers, data scientists, technologists, and psychologists. We fuse advances in neuroscience, AI and machine learning, the latest behavior change and habit formation models, digital experience design, and real-time sentiment analysis to create positive change for our clients' employees. Connecting these disciplines is literally increasing the quality of life measures for clients. As we apply these learnings to the team here at Kumanu, the work/personal health of our staff improves, too.
We value ideas, creative problem solving, collaboration, a vibrant sense of humor, and above all, a passion for the role purpose plays in our lives.
The Core Role
You must have strong skills in Angular/Typescript and experience in one or more of Flutter/Dart, PostgreSQL, Node.js and/or API development (JSON, GraphQL).
Your first big accomplishment will be to help us launch a new product while also adding important new features to our existing products. Are you ready to jump in, grow and contribute?
The position will be off-site to start, and later can be located in our Ann Arbor headquarters or continue to be remote.
Sponsorship is not available; you must already be a US citizen, have resident alien status or otherwise not need employer intervention to continue to work.
Do you have 3 or more years of real-world, coding experience? (Sorry, this opening is not a fit if you recently completed a degree program or code school.) Can you plan, structure, and create application features?
Our software engineers are full-time employees and expected to collaborate, provide ideas and feedback to make our applications better for our users, write high-quality/maintainable code, and incorporate automated testing.
Other Critical Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including identifying problems and developing and evaluating options
- Commitment to quality code management and using software development best practices
- Desire to learn new things and an interest in the latest technologies
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate as a member of a highly interactive team
What Kumanu Provides
- Great benefits include platinum health insurance, matching 401(k) contributions, stock options, and a PTO program that individuals are encouraged to take advantage of
- “Chief Energy Officer” Lenny, our founder's Jack Russell Terrier, is often in the office providing fun and stress relief … currently, he participates in the occasional video conference
- Nap/meditation room and yoga sessions; of course, all virtual during COVID
Kumanu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Kumanu, our vision is to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work to show the world the importance of purpose in our lives. Would you like to join us?