Sr DevOps Engineer
Eventus Systems is looking to hire a highly talented and capable DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic, distributed team. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our tools and processes for deploying, configuring, managing, monitoring, and debugging our Validus product implementations using a variety of technologies, and applying industry standards and best practices.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will develop and maintain tools related to the release, deployment, configuration, management, monitoring, maintenance, and debugging of our complex data-driven highly customizable software system in both on-premises and cloud environments
- You will work closely with the Operations team to improve and document implementation processes, and automate various implementation and operational tasks
- You will work closely with the Development team to refine validation, release, packaging, and deployment processes
- You will analyze and optimize infrastructure costs, and help the development team work to implement solutions to further improve operational efficiency
- You will help develop company standards and best practices for our client deployments, with an eye towards stability, scalability, and security
- You will assist with production implementations and debugging efforts
- You will identify potential product improvements in the context of product deployments
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a development or development-focused devops role
- You have proven experience implementing operational tools and infrastructure as code for deploying and managing sophisticated, distributed, highly performant, multi-tenant systems deployed using AWS or other cloud platforms
- You are proficient in Python 3
- You are comfortable writing bash scripts
- You have at least a working knowledge of SQL and understand basic relational database concepts
- You have extensive experience with Linux and feel most at home working in a shell
- You have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies
- You have experience with git or similar source code management systems
- You have experience with Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or similar enterprise configuration management tools
- You have experience with Prometheus, Nagios, Elasticsearch, or similar enterprise monitoring tools
- You are able to work effectively remotely
- You are able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- You have excellent communication and task management skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
ABOUT EVENTUS SYSTEMS, INC.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, and serving clients globally, Eventus Systems, Inc. offers one of the leading global trade surveillance and market risk platforms. Available as a cloud-based or real-time enterprise on-premise solution, the Validus platform provides sophisticated market surveillance and financial risk capabilities, enabling clients to solve some of the most pressing regulatory challenges. Validus combines multiple technology stacks including artificial intelligence (AI) to generate the optimum number of actionable alerts across equities, equity options, futures, foreign exchange (FX), fixed income and digital asset markets. Clients include Tier 1 banks, brokerages and futures commission merchants (FCMs), proprietary trading firms, exchanges, corporates and buy-side firms. Eventus has earned four major global recognitions in the past year for its Validus platform, including an FOW International Award for best Market Surveillance product, a Risk Technology Award for Market Surveillance Product of the Year and a Best Trade Surveillance Solution award from A-Team's RegTech Insight Awards. The firm also was one of only 19 U.S. companies to earn a spot on the global RegTech 100 list for 2020, the second consecutive year it made the list. Visit www.eventussystems.com. Follow Eventus Systems on LinkedIn and on Twitter @EventusSystems.
Eventus Systems is aiming to grow our fantastic team, add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company. As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, Eventus Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Eventus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Eventus Systems expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Eventus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.