Sr. Software Engineer (API / Backend Services)
Steady is seeking sharp, highly-motivated senior API/backend software developers who are excited to play a major role in our product and engineering evolution. We are looking for product focused, results-oriented engineers who thrive in a collaborative, team-focused culture. You will work closely with product managers, business stakeholders, and your team to help define, implement, and ship significant increments to Steady's mission-driven product offering.
As a Senior API/backend software engineer, you will:
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle in a cross-functional, agile development team
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and design/UX stakeholders as well as your team to help define, design, scope, implement, and ship features and projects
- Fearlessly work across services and concerns to deliver business value to users
- Help architect, implement, test, and optimize scalable, distributed systems across Steady's ecosystem
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested technical solutions that make sense for the problem at hand
- Help define, implement, and reinforce development best practices and processes
- Contribute to Steady's technical vision
Skills & Requirements
- Significant software development experience (5-7 years minimum)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with API development and microservice architectures in stacks such as C#/.Net (primary stack, .Net Core). Java, Node.js, or equivalent also relevant.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, as well as NoSQL databases such as Dynamo
- Experience with caching technologies such as Varnish, memcache, or Redis
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with queuing systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work well in teams of all sizes with representatives from a diverse set of technical backgrounds.
- Preferred: Consumer product experience
- Preferred: Experience with containerization technologies like docker and kubernetes
- Preferred: Experience with indexing and search technologies like elasticsearch, SOLR, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We are a dedicated and collaborative remote team with flexible hours. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for employee's and family, as applicable. We provide employees with stipends for meals and home office setup/maintenance, along with unlimited PTO, 401k, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun culture for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, networks, and buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem.
Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
*For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.*