Frontastic is looking for a System Engineer (f/}/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (32-40hrs per week). We're a fully remote company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone and are looking for candidates from Europe in UTC-UTC+2.
What we expect from you
We are hosting our own software (SaaS) as well as customer extensions of our platform (PaaS) on the Google Cloud Platform while our customer sites often have to operate under high load. While continuously improving the infrastructure, you'll also be responsible for supporting and maintaining the current stack of our product and the scale-able infrastructure of our customers, as well as helping with customer setup and in case of emergencies.
- Supporting Professional Services during setup and emergencies
- Be part of the On-Call rotation to maintain our customers SLAs
- Ensure security, resilience and scale-ability of our infrastructure
- You are responsible for creating and maintaining a stable, scalable, secure and emergent technical platform for product development, delivery and operations
- You are responsible for the continuous improvement of the personal and team working environment
- You are responsible for continually improving the development skills as well as evaluating and learning new and promising technologies
Who you are
- You reside and work in Europe (UTC to UTC +2)
- Experience with Networking, Cloud Infrastructures, Infrastructure Automation, Terraform and Kubernetes or similar technologies
- 8 years of professional experience as a system engineer or in a comparable field
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- You have good written and verbal English communication skills
- It would be helpful if you already have experience of working remotely
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €53,416.84 - €74,360.97
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Development budget of €500 per year
- Regular In-person and Virtual retreats and other events (COVID dependent)
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you are available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.