At Flylance, we have fun doing what we love by providing superb experience, speed, quality, and cost. We empower our Flylancers to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we provide incredible service and experiences that empower us to think outside the box.
Check us out at www.flylance.com
Our client is seeking a UX Designer for 4 Months+. This is a contract role.
Our client develops and manages the systems and tools that enable world-class in-store experiences for customers worldwide. The designer will work with cross-functional teams to bring the ideal design solution to fruition. This includes ideation through to implementation.
- Primary Work: UI Design, User Flow, and Structure
- User Persona Development: define the primary user (and potentially a couple of secondary personas)
- Identify and optimize sequences of tasks
- Identify and optimize singular tasks, creating an interface that optimizes/eases the task completion
- Continued research and testing leading to optimization.
- Gap analysis: identifying any missing tasks, user flows, or features (for potential future development/roadmap planning)
- Secondary Work: Theme, Iconography, and Language
- Partner with Engineering teams on the development of a design language with consistent iconography, buttons, headers, visual hierarchies, etc. (atomic design)
- Consult as needed on Design for a Responsive Web Interface for Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop viewports for all screens related to the solution
- Review all language throughout the solution and establish consistent and accessible language meeting Apple standards and style guides.
- A strong online design portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work
- Deep experience in Web UI, and highly knowledgable in iOS/iPadOS
- Expert user of macOS and iOS, Apple Apps and services (i.e. iCloud), and
- Apple hardware
- Fluent with Sketch or Photoshop or any other screen design / graphical editing tools
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes
- Ability to translate complex problems into elegant solutions
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Previous experience working on enterprise solutions is a plus
- Previous experience designing tools for retail or in-store staff is a plus