YouGov Chat is a chat-based content platform for opinion sharing. We combine chatbot technology with editorial flare to create a more interactive, engaging and worthwhile way for people to engage and share their views about the topics they care about.
As we look to ambitiously grow our user base, we have an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Designer (maternity cover) to join our team to lead our design and creative efforts.
Job Description The Role
As a UX/UI Designer (maternity cover) at YouGov Chat, you will be responsible for the design efforts of our internal (b2b) and user-facing platforms (b2c), playing a pivotal role in creating a new and better way for people to engage and share their opinion about the topics they're interested in and care about.
What will I be doing?
As part of our Design team, you will be expected to:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product manager and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how internal and user-facing applications function will look like
- Prepare and present designs concepts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Understand and work with our branding and corporate guidelines where relevant
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies with engineering teams
What do I need to bring with me?
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- A portfolio of design projects you’ve delivered
- Strong UX/UI experience in a work environment with proven record of success
- Experience of solving complex problems – through collaboration with various stakeholders
Technical skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Have an understanding of/worked with Design Systems (Style guides/Component Libraries)
- Knowledge and experience of using design tools – Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator), InVision
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- You're a good listener and you can make highly technical things sound simple, but you can also engage on the technical details of design
Additional Information What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Equipment - whatever you need to succeed
- The opportunity to join the early stages of a new project initiative with ambitious plans
- Flexible/remote working