WEB DEVELOPER (PHP)
Two simple questions:
Do you know your way around building, testing and deploying web apps? Are you an excellent coder with extensive PHP knowledge? If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Web Developer (PHP) and join our passionate and talented Web team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Web Developer (PHP):
This Web Developer (PHP) role is dedicated to creating the applications and web services that support our public facing web sites. You will be responsible for designing and building solutions that support our ecommerce activities and the delivery of Rebellion products and services to our customers. As part of the Web team, you will play a key role in improving our websites and implementing new features that support the growth of the Rebellion brand and its increasingly diverse range of products.
This role would suit an experienced PHP developer who has previous experience of building B2C ecommerce sites.
The Rebellion Web team is responsible for the development, updating and maintenance of all the public facing marketing and ecommerce websites of the company.
- Delivery of high quality, efficient code
- Improving the overall quality of the web applications and the speed of new feature delivery
- Creating the applications and services that support our public facing ecommerce and marketing web sites.
- Communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Ability to understand stakeholder requirements and problems, and deliver high quality solutions
- Able to work effectively as part of an agile team, sharing knowledge and experience
- Designing and recommending technical solutions for new projects and features
- Updating and enforcing coding standards
- Creating and maintaining new reusable company code libraries
- Conducting code reviews
- Assisting with build and deployment activities
- We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Highly motivated, approachable, initiative-taking developer
- Commercial experience of designing, building, testing and deploying public facing web applications
- Able to produce and maintain high quality code and communicate technical concerns to both developers and stakeholders
- Extensive experience of PHP including OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experienced with coding Web APIs and database design (ideally MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (ideally GitLab)
- Experience of working in an agile team, taking part in daily stand-ups, code reviews and retrospectives
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of NodeJS, Babel and related web optimization technologies